Topics currently available for discussion on the Aistemos LinkedIn Group include the following:
* Unicorns: does the concept of the billion-dollar start-up tell us about the behaviour of investors than about the nature of innovative business?
* Reliability of prior art data and the use of Wikipedia by patent examiners;
* Patent examination and the extent to which the private sector can or should participate in this important activity;
* Whether information-gathering organisations like national patent offices can do more to gather the sort of data that is useful to business and industry;Do feel free to join our discussions and to give us, and other members of the Group, the benefit of your own thoughts.
* Start-ups and multi-tasking: sometimes the problem facing new businesses relate not so much to what they have to do but to the order in which they have to do it;
* Whether it makes better sense to invest in brands than in patents in areas where patent cliffs and generic competition exist;
* How we can improve the reliability and accessibility of patent ownership records;
* The meaning of the term "big data" -- does it have a precise and useful meaning or has it become a just a devalued label and a slogan for attracting attention;
* ORoPO -- the Open Register of Patent Ownership: does anyone have experience of using it which they can share?